* Maximum number of characteristics (TransSteel 5000 Pulse), will vary depending on the version.
THE MIG/MAG WELDING FUNCTIONS
WELDING CONTROLLED AND FAST
The new TransSteel 4000 Pulse and TransSteel 5000 Pulse mark the arrival of the pulsed arc in the TransSteel series. Controlled welding in the intermediate arc range together with optimum weldability when working with aluminum are now part of the basic package.
SPECIAL 4-STEP MODE
FOR A MORE STABLE ARC
The “Special 4-step mode” is particularly suitable for welding in the higher power range. In special 4-step mode, welding starts at a lower power, which makes the arc easier to stabilize.
SEAM RIPPLING FOR ALUMINUM ALLOYS
The “SynchroPulse” option is recommended for the welding of aluminum alloys when a rippled seam appearance is required. This effect is achieved by modifying the welding power between two operating points.
! SynchroPulse works in Standard Synergic and Pulse Synergic mode – but only on the TransSteel 4000 and 5000 Pulse.
SPOT AND STITCH WELDING
WITH NO MATERIAL DISTORTION
Spot mode enables you to place welding spots at regular intervals. As you have complete flexibility over the pause time between the intervals, spot welding is ideal for the tacking of workpieces. Stitch welding not only produces a rippled seam appearance, the low level of heat input reduces any possible material distortion when working with light gage sheets.
- STEEL is the universal characteristic for quick and easy welding applications.
- STEEL ROOT is the characteristic specifically developed for root pass welding. It is characterized by particularly strong gap-bridging ability, in other words, the ability to fill wide gaps.
- STEEL DYNAMIC is a characteristic with a particularly hard and concentrated arc, resulting in high welding speeds and deep penetration.
- PCS (Pulse Controlled Spray Arc) characteristics* facilitate a combination of intermediate and spray arcs – the result is deep penetration with minimal spattering.
CORRECTIONS DURING WELDING
The arc length correction and arc-force dynamic welding parameters can be used to optimize the welding result.
ARC LENGTH CORRECTION
TO CHANGE THE ARC CHARACTERISTIC
– shorter arc, reduced welding voltage
o neutral arc
+ longer arc, increased welding voltage
FOR INFLUENCING THE SHORT-CIRCUITING DYNAMIC AT THE INSTANT OF DROPLET TRANSFER
– hard, stable arc
o neutral arc
+ soft, low-spatter arc
FOR CORRECTING THE PULSE ENERGY OF PULSED ARC
– Slower droplet detachment force
o neutral droplet detachment force
+ higher droplet detachment force